Wishing everyone in North Babylon and the surrounding Communities a Happy and Prosperous New Year. We are hosting our January General Meeting on Monday, January 22 at Nonna Bella Restaurant and our Guest Speaker will be newly appointed Town of Babylon Councilman Terence McSweeny.
I want to remind everyone that the Chamber celebrates its third anniversary (officially April 16) and I feel that it has come a long way. However, there is so much more that needs to be done and I am positive that the membership is up to it.
I am looking forward to the Chamber to step it up in the coming year and let the Community know who the Membership is and to work to have the Community – “Shop Local” and support the local businesses as they are the backbone to our Community.
With the help of the Board of Directors listed is a partial list of ideas I feel we can accomplish in the coming months.
- SPRING CLEAN UP AND PLANTING OF CHAMBER CORNER on Belmont and Hubbard’s Path
- WEEKS ROAD CLEAN UP of our Adopt a Highway
- FUN RAISER – COMEDY CLUB OR THEATRE – to support our Annual High School Scholarships
- MEMBERSHIP WEEK – PLAN MEMBER EVENTS – TO SHOW THE COMMUNITY WHO THE North Babylon Chamber members are.
- PARTICIPATION IN THE MEMORIAL DAY PARADE
- SUMMER MUSIC FAIR AT PHELPS LANE (hoping for two)
- 3rd Annual OCTOBER STREET FAIR – Columbus Day weekend
- ADOPT A FAMILY FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS
- LIGHT POLE DECCORATIONS on Deer Park Avenue
- PANTRY TOY DRIVE
There are other possible ideas on the table and as they blossom into reality everyone will be made aware of them.
Again, wishing everyone a Happy New Year.
Yours in Business,
Garrett P. Simulcik, Sr.